Hulu's Content Management team is looking for a sharp & motivated engineering manager to lead our Content Management Tools team and help build the technology backbone of Hulu. This team is responsible for the end-to-end tools and services used to synthesize content from over 500 partners and to deliver the highest quality Hulu experience to millions of users.
As an engineering manager at Hulu, you will attract and retain top-shelf talent, drive a culture of ownership and empowerment, and own the development of a mission-critical set of applications. The right person for this role is a force multiplier for those around them and knows how to drive results by setting others up for success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Build a diverse & prolific software development team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement
• Lead by example to design technical solutions and ensure that all software conforms to the highest quality standards
• Own the roadmap and engineering vision for a mission-critical suite of tools within the Hulu content platform
• Collaborate with product managers and other business partners to prioritize work and set goals for the team
• Refine engineering practices and enact positive change within the team
• Champion your team's work across the organization
WHAT TO BRING
• Proven ability to attract talent, build teams, and have fun
• A team-first approach to software development, and data-driven approach to improving engineering efficiency
• Solid understanding of computer science and engineering practices, with a track record of shipping high-quality production code
• A tendency to delegate, with the ability to get hands-on when needed
• Strong opinions about the software development lifecycle and what it means to be agile
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience building enterprise software and user-facing products
• Hands-on experience with React, Webpack, Python, and the AWS ecosystem of services
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx2k3-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.