Santa Monica, CA
As a manager in Developer Platform Engineering (DPE), you will help cultivate an environment where people can do their best work through critical thinking, coaching, and career advocacy. You will lead the delivery and quality of your team's commitments to its customers and collaborate across the organization to ensure appropriate prioritization. You should have a passion for engineering mentorship, team building, and empathy-driven development.
Within DPE the Production Engineering team is responsible for ensuring that Hulu's technology stack is able to deliver an extraordinary user experience even under increasingly large traffic loads. You have a great opportunity to have an impact on the design of high traffic, multi-region web services across all the engineering teams at Hulu.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Lead a team of hardworking engineers that are crafting, building, and maintaining large-scale web service.
• Work with, support, and mentor engineers
• You will scale a framework and datastores that run 1MM+ containers
• Deploy a traffic management fabric for external and internal routing that connects 1000+ microservices
• Lead the team and champion internal mesh solutions like Istio
• Design and implement advanced CI/CD pipelines to do automated performance analysis and bandwidth planning
• Gain a deep understanding of the end to end service architecture of Hulu
• Advocate for scaling and reliability standard methodologies across the Hulu development teams
• Be responsible for the operations of the team's services to ensure stability and uptime.
WHAT TO BRING
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
• 4+ years of Python or Go software engineering experience
• 1+ years as a people manager, leading engineering teams
• An understanding of organizational strategy and engineering growth
• Experience operating Istio
• Python/Go programming skills
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux
• A passion for building robust and reliable technology
• Experience working in the public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Prior experience working with AWS
• Prior experience working in a backend/infrastructure/sre role
• Experience with Envoy proxy