Provides financial assistance to management by analyzing, researching, and recording accounting data.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork and contributes meaningfully to building a cohesive, efficient department that serves all customer needs at an exemplary level.
• Assist with the Rockets and Toyota Center monthly close process, including account reconciliations, detailed account schedule preparation and journal entry postings by the deadline.
• Assist with the quarterly preparation of Rockets and Toyota Center financial statements, including consolidations.
• Assist with various audits throughout the year including Year End Financial, BRI and CFS NBA League audits
• Reconcile Rockets Game Night 50/50 raffle sales and accounting process.
• Receive and book the AXS (online ticketing database) weekly settlements.
• Prepare and book the Rockets game day accounting entries.
• Prepare and book Rockets and 3rd party retail accounting entries per month, including reconciliation of inventory balance.
• Prepare gate receipt reports to send to NBA after each home game, including payment submission.
• Prepare and book Rockets monthly credit card statement.
• Prepare and make inter-company and interdepartmental re-class entries as needed.
• Primary review of Levy invoice batches received and processed by AP Coordinator. Assist in researching any difficult items to resolve.
• Primary responsibility to prepare Sports Authority Cap Fund expenditures packet for submission and reimbursement.
• Prepare and book 3rd tier and small event flashes.
• Monitor and collect documentation per contracts for 3rd party events – ex: insurance, pyro, CWA, etc.
• Assist with the review of batch invoice expense coding and proper approvals for vendor payment processing. Also responsible for quality control of 1099 vendors and amounts paid.
• Perform special projects and other various duties as requested by supervisor
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting required.
• Minimum 1-3 years of relevant audit or general ledger accounting experience.
• CPA and Big Four experience a plus.
• Experience with Great Plains accounting software preferred.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – especially Excel.
• Must have strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail and accuracy.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5yqz-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.