The Marketing Coordinator position will help implement and execute strategic programs and initiatives that help build the Houston Rockets brand and the game of basketball. This highly motivated and organized Coordinator will collaborate with multiple departments to activate youth basketball programs, influencer marketing initiatives, theme night activations and local grassroots projects. This candidate will also possess a strong understanding of the Houston youth basketball landscape and a strong urgency to build strong relationships in the community.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Help lead all Rockets youth basketball initiatives which includes organizing and activating youth camps/clinics, building relationships with local youth leagues/coaches, setting up a Jr. Rockets League and overseeing all youth basketball activities throughout the year.
• Work with the Marketing team to develop a thoughtful and creative strategy for the Houston Rockets Influencer Program.
• Create relationships with local business owners and downtown stakeholders to build brand affinity.
• Find new strategic ways to market to new demographics and stakeholders for specific Houston Rockets theme nights throughout the season.
• Assist the Marketing team in finding creative ways to bring new fans to Houston Rockets games.
• Develop detailed recaps for marketing initiatives that provide a snapshot of the team's efforts, impact and key insights from the activation completed.
• Help manage youth camps and clinics which includes securing facilities, staffing qualified coaches, recruiting new participants, and building out programming.
• Work with the Marketing team to develop a comprehensive strategy for Rockets basketball initiatives including how to bring more local youth basketball players to Rockets games.
• Responsible for daily administrative tasks for the planning and executing of all youth basketball programs. This includes building and updating necessary reports, program schedules and important timelines.
• Work with the Rockets strategy department to perform research and offer insight on the basketball landscape in the Greater Houston area.
• Collaborate with different departments (ticketing, corporate partnerships, community and marketing) as it relates to each team's involvement in grassroots basketball.
• Manage and assign duties to part-time basketball coaches and staff.
• Keep up with current news and trends to help promote upcoming initiatives.
• Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, digital media, communications, or a related field
• A minimum of two years' experience in the field of live entertainment (sports, theatre, concerts, etc.)
• Minimum of 2 years marketing, promotions, or game day experience, preferably with arena, pro team or similar work environment
• Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
• Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with local constituents
• Must be able to excel in a fast pace work environment, react quickly and appropriately to unpredictable situations
• Able to demonstrate a strong presence, highlighting poise, professionalism, likeability, approachability, and the ability to work under pressure.
• Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
• Can create positive energy using both voice & body language
• Ability to take creative direction and be flexible in the face of change and last-minute initiatives
• Ability to think clearly and quickly in high-pressure/time sensitive situations
• Strong teamwork and relationship-building talents
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of Adobe products.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays, if necessary.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
• The vision requirement includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
• Must have ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d82n09-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.