This position will oversee all event operational matters for meetings, special events, sporting
events, and concerts as assigned. This position plays a vital role in providing the necessary
information to all other departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate concerts, Rockets team events, concert VIP receptions and game day meetings as assigned from start to finish including participation in all site visits
• Prepare diagrams, instructions, set-up requirements and supporting documentation for each event and distribute to appropriate staff; communicate changes before and during events
• Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
• Event estimates and final cost tracking
• Complete event recap of past events noting items of importance in consideration for future events
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork
• Minimum (1) one year experience in the entertainment (arena, stadium or theatre) industry or related field
• Must have the ability and willingness to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Must be extremely organized and have excellent communication skills including writing, proof reading skills and speaking
• Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
• Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting
• Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Work with others in a professional manner while attempting to achieve a common goal
• Candidate should be self-motivated, organized, professional, mature, and detail-oriented
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects and work assignments with minimal supervision
• Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
• Experience in event budgeting
• BS/BA in a related field required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and familiarity with AutoCAD a plus
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3q75q-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.