The Email Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the scheduling, creation, execution, and analysis of all email marketing campaigns across Houston Rockets and Toyota Center initiatives. This position will work closely with all members of the marketing, sales, and strategy teams to align with current goals and needs. This position will be thoughtful in segmentation and creating a message that is delivered to the correct fan. The candidate will also possess a deep understanding of how people engage in content and how they purchase products.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Work closely with marketing, sales, partnerships, graphic design, and strategy teams to create and deliver compelling email communications for various audiences.
• Oversee daily email operations to ensure that emails are completed and deployed on time.
• Daily monitoring of campaign and delivery performance
• Update and segment email lists to make sure the selected audience receives correct campaign.
• Manage subscriber database to grow the email list and improve response.
• Assist the graphic design and web development teams in creating highly responsive email campaigns.
• Measure effectiveness of email marketing campaigns and monitor subscriptions to continually improve ROI from email marketing efforts.
• Assist in writing and editing content for email distribution.
• Troubleshoot any issues with season ticket members and key constituents who may not be receiving the correct email campaigns.
• Demonstrate the Rockets' One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, digital media, communications, or a related field
• A minimum of three years' experience in the field of live entertainment (sports, theatre, concerts, etc.)
• Minimum of 2 years in marketing, digital communications, or e-marketing preferably with arena, pro team or similar work environment
• Proficient knowledge of HTML
• Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
• Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and mobile applications for editing content
• Previous experience in Salesforce and Marketing Cloud is a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with different departments
• Must be able to excel in a fast-paced work environment, react quickly and appropriately to unpredictable situations
• Able to demonstrate a strong presence, highlighting poise, professionalism, likeability, approachability, and the ability to work under pressure.
• Strong visual eye regarding the creation and curation of creative emails, graphics, photography, and video for email publishing
• Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
• Can create positive energy using both voice & body language
• Ability to take creative direction and be flexible in the face of change and last-minute initiatives
• Ability to think clearly and quickly in fast paced/time sensitive situations
Strong teamwork and relationship-building talents
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays, if necessary.
Physical & mental requirements:
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle, or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
• The vision requirement includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
• Must have ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32q0x-34-204-172-188-42 in your application.