The Digital Innovation Director is responsible for developing innovative solutions across multiple platforms. This role sits at the intersection of emerging technology, digital marketing, product management and strategy. The Digital Innovation Director will be focused on developing new digital revenue opportunities and driving key business objectives by ensuring a great fan experience in a rapidly changing digital landscape. The ideal candidate will be able to implement league-leading best practices at the forefront of the latest technologies in the best interest of the Houston Rockets and Toyota Center.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Develop new digital revenue opportunities and driving key business objectives by developing engaging and impactful user experiences through the organization's digital platforms
• Work closely with Corporate Partner Sales and Activation teams to create sellable digital and technological opportunities
• Manages a Web Developer/Designer responsible for driving the digital transformation of Clutch City Sports & Entertainment's business including mobile applications, websites and emerging technology opportunities
• Manages relationships with internal and external partners to ideate, implement and track digital initiatives
• Creates and maintains a product roadmap of features and enhancements
• Facilitates the adoption of new practices and ensures business readiness for released features
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure new product initiatives are delivered with alignment from all stakeholders
• Ensure high quality digital experiences by supporting the testing, QA and maintenance of developed features
• Remains up to date with the latest digital trends, technologies and best practices
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
• Minimum of 7 years experience in relevant sports or technology roles
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience implementing complex technology solutions and working across departments following a consultative approach
• Experience with native mobile application development and managing external vendors
• Experience with content management tools (e.g. Drupal, Wordpress)
• Demonstrated experience with the full software development lifecycle
• Strong visual design, brand, and user experience instincts
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate processes, ideas, and solutions to various internal and external partners
• Self-motivated with the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
• The vision requirement includes close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Nature of position requires mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
• Must have ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5mwx-34-239-179-228-42 in your application.