Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
The Houston Rockets seek an Art Director reporting to the Sr. Creative Director, to direct and manage the club's graphic design team, oversee the pipeline of graphics requests, and work with internal stakeholders to ensure the brand is consistent across all content and platform types. The ideal candidate is a team player who can work efficiently and bring a positive attitude each day and have an understanding of the NBA.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Oversee content pipeline for all graphic design needs, managing the design process from initial strategy and exploration through final production details
• Ensure visual branding is consistent across all content platforms, including but not limited to in-game entertainment, social, digital, and advertising
• Stay on top of design and cultural trends to keep Rockets content fresh, exciting, and innovative for our fan base and partners
• Collaborate with the Sr. Creative Director, Director of Digital Media/Producer to infuse video creative with club's visual identity
• Create/Design original and innovative work to help push the brand forward
• Assist in the creative process of developing and executing an advertising campaign
• Assist In-Game Entertainment team with video board designs and production for in-venue content
• Oversight of all print production for team, from procurement process to managing relationship with print production vendors
• Precisely proof all materials
• Work closely with all internal departments including, but not limited to Marketing, Community Relations, Corporate Sales, Ticketing, and digital graphics.
• Use strategic vision from the Sr. Creative Director to complete and improve the project to desired needs clearly and consistently meeting all deadlines.
• Works independently to develop design solutions and is the artistic and graphic lead in all print and online concepts.
• Assists in maintaining and establishing design department policies
• Daily delivery of design projects working with a wide range of media, including photography, electronic and print design across the department and organization using computer-based design programs.
• Understand Rockets brand essence and craft and develop impactful artwork, designs and logos to compliment the brand. Inject fresh ideas and approach to Rockets creative.
• Work independently and also respond to creative direction and feedback
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects on a daily basis
• Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork
• Excellent design sense, strong knack for graphic design trends as well as a deep
understanding of digital and social strategies
• Passion for innovation and desire to continue the Rockets' Creative team as best-in-class
• Successful team leader who fosters positive and welcoming creative working environment
• Detail-oriented, especially under deadline pressure and managing multiple projects at once
• Experience and ability to manage workflow and deadlines for multiple projects across the
team's slate of work
• Excellent verbal and written skills, and highly organized communicator to team, internal
counterparts, and executive team
• Advanced skill in graphic design, photography, and typography with vast experience in
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Experience designing for LED boards, email campaigns, infographics, digital advertising,
presentations, social media content, print, sponsorship, internal communications, and
• Experience working within sports industry, especially on the team or college program side
of things a plus
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours
• Minimum 7-10 years of design and brand experience, including at least 3-5 years in a
• The ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, and handle several projects at one time
• Ability to work effectively under high pressure and tight deadlines in a high-energy environment.
• Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information
• Support with photoshoots, photo selection, archiving, management, and manipulation
• A deep understanding of basketball/sports preferred
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Flexibility to work non-traditional schedule, including weekends and some holidays (ability and willingness to work nights and weekends around basketball games)
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others. Standing or sitting for extended periods of time and frequent climbing of stairs.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv10kw-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.