Supervisor: Accounting Manager
The Staff Accountant is responsible for accounting and administrative duties necessary to issue accurate, timely, and comprehensive financial statements and tax returns. This includes, but is not limited to, reconciling the general ledger, billing, consolidation, and maintaining the accounting systems. This position works directly with all departments and is a key contributor in keeping financial processes running smoothly.
• Manage cash collections and accounts receivable reports for multiple entities
• Maintain deferred revenue schedules for ticketing and sponsorships
• Prepare detailed journal entries for all cash receipts
• Ensure accuracy of month-end close process
• Prepare year-end audit schedules and support for multiple annual audits
• Ensure that bank accounts and balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled on a monthly basis
• Analyze accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department
• Prepare tax returns and supporting documentation
• Works with the team on appropriate fiscal strategies for the organization
• Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies
• Other related duties as required or assigned
• Basic understanding of Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite
• Must be able to effectively communicate with internal and external clients
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited University
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; sports, entertainment, or nonprofit experience preferred
• CPA or CPA candidate preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Preferred - 4
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5ky53-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.