Department: Marketing & Communications
Supervisor: Manager, Social Media
The Houston Open is currently seeking a Social Media Apprentice to support the digital team. This role will facilitate the day-to-day execution of all social media campaigns for the Houston Open across key social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). This role will help maintain the voice and brand for the tournament while driving marketing strategies to drive ticket sales and engagement.
Additionally, this role may support the Digital team on ad-hoc projects related to the website maintenance and email campaigns.
• Assist with developing and implementing the content schedule and calendar to deliver high-quality, original social media content for the Houston Open.
• Stay current on social trends, player storylines and human-interest side of golf to pitch content ideas.
• Collaborate with internal teams to plan graphics, video, and photos to be executed on social media platforms.
• Provide social coverage during tournament week, in conjunction with PGA social guidelines.
• Optimize platform distribution to deliver content in a compelling, consistent manner that reaches KPIs on engagement, viewership, and revenue.
• Monitor social media posts/comments/replies on a regular basis to understand consumer feedback.
• Leverage analytics tools to increase social media effectiveness, track overall performance and compile reporting.
• Track PGA Tour and tournaments for social best practices and comparative analysis.
Qualifications: Required Competencies & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree (or currently seeking) in marketing, communications, business and/or related combination of background and experience.
• Prior experience in social media, sports or entertainment experience preferred.
• Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, evenings, and weekends.
• Creative, energetic, and proactive approach to work.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills – can interact well with all organizational levels internally and externally.
• High proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, other emerging platforms.
• Impeccable grammar and copywriting ability with a strong creative sensibility.
• Detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Bilingual English Spanish- preferred
This job operates mainly in an office setting; however, it will also involve work on a golf course setting (subject to weather conditions).
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the golf course environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision and ability to use hands to type.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Preferred 2
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vz3n-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.