Supervisor: Sr. Manager, Graphic & Marketing Projects
Classification: Full-time (Exempt)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
As the role of Graphics & Digital Media Designer, you are responsible for producing highly visible graphics for both web and print platforms. Your work will be exhibited both in-stadium, in-market and online. You will work closely with stakeholders through the organization to deliver effective, meaningful designs both static and interactive. Projects will vary from day-to-day deliverables to week-long projects. This role will focus on collaboration with many internal teams to determine appropriate visual, textual and animated elements of projects, and prepares artwork and media for final approval and distribution. Creative projects will encompass all brands with Astros portfolio, as well as, special initiative, sponsor initiatives and community initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Produce distinctive graphics through multiple forms of media
• Create company-wide visual assets and support departmental initiatives through artistic design
• Incorporate branded campaign elements throughout multiple executions including a variety of creative projects such as advertisements, social media, brochures, corporate identity, packaging, presentations, promotional displays and signage
• Retouch and edit high resolution imagery
• Develop digital illustrations for logos, advertisements, presentations and multimedia projects and bring them to life with animated motion graphics
• Produce digital design through the use of typography and illustration
• Responsible for the design, layout and formatting of digital and hard materials
• Find graphical solutions while working through design challenges, effects and techniques
• Manage large file deliveries, packaging and exporting media with an organized workflow environment
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor of Arts related to visual communication/arts required or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience in creating designs in static web, print and/or motion graphics for a major brand
• Strong design skills, understanding of design principals and the ability to provide creative visual solutions
• Solid background and proficiency knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite with a focus in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and Premier Pro
• Thorough understanding of the web production and social media platform specifications
• Ability to work collaboratively within a design team environment and analyze creative feedback
• Flexibility of schedule, including nights and weekends
• Proven time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving ability in addition to dedication to the final product
• Excellent communication and research skills with great attention to details
• Multimedia design portfolio required for consideration
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job including: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnqnz-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.