Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Sr. Manager, Graphic & Marketing Projects
As the role of Graphic Designer, you are responsible for producing highly visible graphics for print and web platforms through graphic design and visual communication. Your work will directly shape and support the brand of the Houston Astros Baseball Club. You will also be responsible for producing many visual elements for all sectors of the business. Your work will be exhibited both in-stadium, in-market, and online. You will work closely with the Sr. Manager of Graphic & Marketing Projects as well as other members of the Content Team to deliver effective, meaningful designs both static and interactive. You will be a key member of our Content Team, which includes designers in graphics, web, and multimedia that all work collectively to create impactful visual assets for the club. Projects will vary from day-to-day deliverables to week-long projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Produce distinctive graphics through multiple forms of media
• Create company-wide visual assets and support departmental initiatives through artistic design
• Incorporate branded campaign elements throughout multiple executions including a variety of creative projects such as advertisements, brochures, corporate identity, packaging, presentations, promotional displays and signage
• Retouch and edit high resolution imagery
• Develop digital illustrations for logos, presentations and multimedia projects
• Produce data driven infographic designs through typography and illustration
• Responsible for the design, layout and formatting of digital and hard materials
• Find graphical solutions while working through design challenges, effects and techniques
• Manage large file delivery and organize a workflow environment
• Serve as a developmental resource to other content team members through skill-share and collaboration
• Work seamlessly with Sr. Manager, Graphic & Marketing Projects in the trafficking of requested jobs and help drive on-time deliveries
• Assist Sr. Manager, Graphic & Marketing Projects and Director of Content in core strategic brand development projects
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• B.A. in the visual arts required or equivalent experience
• 3+ years’ experience in creating designs in print, web and/or mobile devices for a major brand
• Strong design and leadership skills and the ability to provide creative visual solutions
• Strong background and proficient knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite with a focus in Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD and InDesign
• Exceptional understanding of the print process and web production
• Ability to work collaboratively within a design team environment and analyze creative feedback
• Proven multi-tasking and problem-solving ability in addition to dedication to the final product
• Proficient project management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and research skills with great attention to details
• Design portfolio required for consideration
• Apple environment only
This job operates in an office, clerical setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Travel is not expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebej0-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.