Department: Community & Foundation
Supervisor: SVP, Community Affairs & Executive Director, Astros Foundation
Classification: Full-time (Exempt)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
This position is responsible for managing the Astros charitable and community fundraising efforts, increasing charitable revenue for The Astros Foundation and expanding Astros community events and improving the Astros' impact within the Greater Houston Area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Coordinate charitable and community events in alignment with the mission, vision, and vales of the Houston Astros
• Assist with the coordination of the Astros Wives program
• Assist in developing and strengthening Astros relationships with selected Houston area charitable and community organizations
• Coordinate and manage the online reporting systems for the Astros Foundation charitable ticket donation program
• Increase positive internal and community wide relationships as well as a positive media present as a result from all community events and interactions
• Assist budget planning, staffing, logistics, operation and execution of all aspects of community and foundation activities
• Coordinate military programs and manage relationships with local military organizations and branches
• Develop content and opportunities to promote Astros community efforts through social media, website, email, print and other channels
• Assist managing and supporting relationship with Astros Foundations Partners
• Meet or exceed annual fundraising goals and increase the Astros charitable events
• Processing incoming mail, voicemails and donation request
• Assist with alumni participation in community activities including coordinating external appearances
• Assist with planning and execution of various Astros community programs and events including team, players' community initiatives
• Assist MLB with community initiatives and activities
• Assist with pre-game and on-field activities including autograph alley, batting practice visits, and player programs
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations
• Two (2) years relevant experience in Community Relations, Marketing, or Public Relations
• Demonstrate strong work ethic and manage multiple projects in a fast pace environment and work well under pressure
• Demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrated skill with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other database management software
• Ability to work long hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and game days
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Preferred 3
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxb23-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.