THE DIVISON'S STORY
Original Programming (Network and Studio)
A+E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.
The Programming Coordinator, History will be a versatile, multi-talented, entry level role that supports the Senior Executive and SVP Development and Programming.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Programming Coordinator, History Description:
• Support the Senior Executive and SVP Development and Programming on scheduling, calls and expenses.
• Correspond with production companies regarding development and production projects as assigned.
• Participate in creative calls, monitoring editorial and production progress as assigned.
• Aid Executive Producers on series and development project notes as required.
• Serve as active member of the development team, by reviewing pitches to the network and assessing their viability as a series.
• Take notes and participate in weekly development meeting.
• Prepare new series order programming documents (PACs).
• Field miscellaneous requests from production companies and internal departments.
• Primary contact between programming and all other AETN departments for various requests.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to be immersed in programming and production.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 1-2 years' post college experience, in the TV business preferred
• Entertainment and/or agency experience
• B.A./B.S. degree
• Ability to multitask
• Good communication skills
• Technical Skills: avid, media pro, Excel
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22w77-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.