Manager, Social Media Creative
New York, NY
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
If we were playing Monopoly, A&E, HISTORY and Lifetime would be our most valuable assets, and our master brand is A+E, which is protected and promoted by the Portfolio Marketing and Culture Branding team. We make sure that the A+E master brand gets the props it deserves - both inside and outside our building. Our resourceful team performs well beyond its footprint to develop high-impact visual stories that inspire loyalty and pride in our colleagues and customers. If it's got A+E on it, it's been ideated, created and produced by our talented team of writers, editors and strategists working in partnership across our brands and all our business areas. If you love to use both sides of your brain, this is the place to demonstrate your business savvy and creative chops.''
A+E Networks is seeking an ambitious, data-driven, goal-oriented digital marketer to drive growth in A+E's Digital business by acquiring and retaining OTT, mobile, and website video viewers; and build audience engagement and affinity across all platforms (Linear and Digital) through A+E's email marketing and push notification programs. With a specific focus on A&E, HISTORY, and Lifetime brands, this highly visible role works both internally and externally to implement owned, earned, and paid marketing tactics. As part of an expanding team supporting a growing business, the Director Growth Marketing reports into the VP Digital Audience Development and is supported by a full-time manager (to be hired).
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Grow Digital TV Everywhere Business
• Leverage owned, earned, and paid opportunities to grow and retain the audience to A+E Networks' Digital TV Everywhere products.
• Maintain relationships with external partners & platforms to identify key promotional opportunities for priority shows.
• Strategize and implement app store optimization (ASO) copy and creative strategy to acquire mobile viewers.
• Serve as the primary liaison between A+E and external SEO/SEM, and other agencies.
• Partner with Editorial and Product to increase visibility of A+E web properties on key search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing) through the execution of SEO best practices.
• Review and approve SEM ad creative, segmentation strategy, bid management, etc.
• Leverage journeys to drive mobile web visitors into A+E's mobile apps.
• Partner closely with the Product team to test and optimize audience user journeys.
• Strategize and report on A+E owned digital video house ad execution.
• Prioritize audience development opportunities by conducting cost benefit analyses.
Retain Viewers via Email Marketing and Push Notifications
• Oversee email marketing program and push notification communication strategy; including content and frequency.
• Partner with the CRM team to develop a rigorous testing and execution strategy to continually optimize the email marketing and push notification programs.
• Work across divisions to identify, implement, and optimize touchpoints with email marketing and push notification subscribers that increase engagement and build brand affinity.
• Work closely and collaboratively with several internal departments (including Research, Digital, Consumer Marketing) to align communication with larger marketing strategy and leverage customer data and segmentation to deliver on KPIs.
• Create and maintain reports from various data sources including analytics platforms and internal 3rd party databases.
• Develop and maintain PowerPoint presentations evaluating campaigns and strategies.
• Continually explore competitive best practices; researching industry trends, attending educational seminars and identifying and vetting new vendors and partnerships.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to hone your data driven marketing strategy skills. You will be working on a tactic with growth opportunity for A+E Networks. You will collaborate across divisions and grow as an email marketer.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 7-10 years' experience across all facets of digital marketing with a focus on content strategy and AB/multivariate testing
• Email marketing experience, including campaign strategy/deployment, messaging, customer segmentation, and deliverability a plus
• Product marketing experience, including collaborating with a Product team and understanding of user journey mapping a plus
• Ability to own a campaign from start to finish and ensure accuracy and attention to detail.
• Comfortable working in complex organizations; able to gain buy-in and marshal resources across teams.
• Proven self-starter who can identify new opportunities, analyze problems to develop tactics/strategies to drive growth and push projects forward.
• Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• A hunger to learn and follow industry trends to drive innovation and business results.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5136-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
At A+E Networks, we believe that storytelling uncovers the human in humanity, the hero in heroism, and the ordinary in the extraordinary.