UI/UX Designer - High Moon Studios
World class games start with world class talent! This is a unique time in Activision's history – and one of the most exciting opportunities to join us! We are currently looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our high-caliber team!
The UI/UX Designer role requires outstanding technical knowledge of the process and tools for creating and implementing in-game UI/UX designs. You will be able to conceptualize the user experience flow from wireframe concepts or prototypes, to execution of concepts and asset creation for engineering-using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or After Effects. Experience in Adobe XD, and/or other UI/UX prototyping tools is a bonus.
This role will report to the Lead UI Designer and will be expected to collaborate within a team of UI/UX designers and artists, engineers, and gameplay designers to create systems and assets to the highest standards for all areas of front-end and in-game UI/UX related artwork.
The ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role (with supporting portfolio that exemplifies your work), be an exceptionally creative problem solver, a good communicator, positive team member and one who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating games with an intuitive UI/UX for the user.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualifications
UI/UX Designer should demonstrate a broad range of skills, abilities, and attributes that includes the following:
• Have an intense understanding of game front-end UX flow and HUD systems.
• Be able to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas on schedule.
• Ensure that work supports overall game design and art style/direction.
• Actively participate in technical and artistic problem solving.
• Work to achieve consistency in art style and quality of one's own work.
• Possess a strong graphic design background and understanding of design principles.
• Demonstrate understanding of game aesthetic and ability to follow styleguides
• Have a passion for games and interactive media.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Create & Implement UI/UX artwork within defined look & feel.
• Work with Engineers and Designers to define and understand functionality, design specifications and technical requirements.
• Contribute to group peer reviews and feedback in a constructive manner.
• Develop and iterate on design concepts based on feedback.
• Use in-house tools as appropriate and provide feedback to improve our toolset.
• Work within agreed technical budgets and restrictions.
• Troubleshoot, seek solutions, and not be afraid to ask questions.
• Balance, organize, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Specialized training in graphic and interactive design from a 4-year program or equivalent level of experience required.
• Two to five years of professional experience designing for games and/or interactive media.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio that's developed for blockbuster franchises like Call of Duty and Transformers. We are 175+ people strong, located in the always-sunny beachside city of Carlsbad, California.
Our goal is simple: make game experiences that kick ass and blow minds. High Moon Studios is led by award winning veterans and a crack production staff that have over 200 years of combined development experience. We work hard. We play hard. It's time to add world class talent as we contribute to blockbuster franchises like Destiny and Call of Duty.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93ko9-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.