High Moon Studios
Job Title:Technical Designer (Temporary) - High Moon Studios
Technical Designer - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are seeking a talented, self-directed game designer with strong technical abilities and a passion for problem solving. Technical Designers are a vital connection between Design and Engineering, able to communicate and engage with both disciplines ''in their language.''
Technical Designers should have experience with a wide variety of scripting languages and game engines and should be comfortable learning ''on the fly.'' Technical Designers should be able to absorb a large scripting base quickly and use that knowledge to inform and empower other designers.
If that sounds like you, please apply to join our award-winning team. We can't wait to hear from you!
• Work closely with designers, engineers, and other content creators to create compelling gameplay systems
• Solve complicated problems creatively while considering design needs versus production realities
• Drive gameplay systems from paper concepts all the way to shippable products
• Rapidly prototype and iterate on experimental gameplay in order to ''find the fun''
• Act autonomously to track down issues or improvement areas and implement novel solutions
• Help develop and maintain a robust set of scripting solutions that empower content designers
• Experience with several different scripting languages (Python, Java, C#, Lua)
• 3+ years game industry experience
• Solid understanding of gameplay mechanics and the game design process
• Passion for designing systems, mechanics, and meta-game loops
• Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
• Technical degree or work experience in a technical design role
• Experience with the Call of Duty engine (Radiant) or scripting language (GSC)
• Experience with multiple game engines
• Ability to read and understand C++
• Experience developing a networked multiplayer game
• Experience scripting complex animated sequences
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.