Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Senior UI/UX Designer to join our team in Carlsbad, California.
We're looking for someone with outstanding technical knowledge of the process and tools for creating and implementing in-game UI/UX designs, who can conceptualize the user experience flow from wireframe concepts or prototypes through to execution of concepts and asset creation for engineering.
Our ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role (with supporting portfolio that exemplifies your work), be an exceptionally creative problem solver, a good communicator, positive team member and someone passionate about creating games with highly intuitive UI/UX for the player.
What you'll be doing…
• Creating & implementing UI/UX artwork within defined look & feel.
• Work with Engineers and Designers to define and understand functionality, design specifications and technical requirements.
• Contribute to group peer reviews and feedback in a constructive manner.
• Develop and iterate on design concepts based on feedback.
• Use in-house tools as appropriate and provide feedback to improve our toolset.
• Work within agreed technical budgets and restrictions.
• Troubleshoot, seek solutions, and not be afraid to ask questions.
• Balance, organize, and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
• Actively participate in technical and artistic problem solving.
To succeed you must have…
• Have a deep understanding of game front-end UX flow and HUD systems.
• The ability to conceptualize, present, and implement ideas on schedule.
• A drive for achieving consistency in art style and quality of one's own work.
• A strong graphic design background and understanding of design principles.
• Proven understanding of game aesthetic and ability to follow styleguides
• A passion for games and interactive media.
We'd love it if you also have…
• Specialized training in graphic and interactive design from a 4-year program or equivalent level of experience required.
• At least four years of professional experience designing for games and/or interactive media.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1j4n-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.