Senior Level Designer
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Senior Level Designer to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you want to work with a fun, collaborative team on the world's most popular game franchises, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
• Design, develop, implement, and tune player-first experiences in the creation of single-player content (levels, player mechanics, ai behaviors, scripted moments)
• Create 2D maps and mission outlines for single player levels
• Construct 3D level blockouts and script combat encounters, gameplay mechanics and animated sequences
• Create and pitch high level ideas to the team
• Review in-progress design work and provide regular feedback to the team
• Playtest in progress work and provide feedback to the team
• Provide mentorship and leadership to the design team
• Collaborate with Mechanics Designers and Engineers to create unique gameplay mechanics and improve tools
• Provide feedback to Production and help create development schedules for design
• A minimum of 8 years of game design experience, shipping at least one title as a Lead or Senior Designer
• Possess a comprehensive understanding of the design process including level design, weapons, AI, controls, UI, etc.
• Ability to use scripting tools to prototype gameplay experiences or debug technical issues
• Ability to conceptualize and communicate an engaging gameplay experience and the technical ability to carry out your vision
• Experience in Radiant, UnrealEd, Hammer, or other first-person shooter level editors
• Self-motivated with the highest level of attention to detail
• Works well in a team environment
• Strong communication skills
• Takes and understands direction and feedback well, meets deadlines and handles multiple tasks.
• FPS/Action/Coop gameplay experience
• Strong scripting skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22nzy-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.