Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are seeking a talented and self-directed Quality Assurance Tester to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you want to work with a fun, collaborative team on the world's most popular game franchises, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
What you'll be doing…
• Test pre-release versions of game titles and game tools for ease of use, reliability, consistency, and product defects.
• Learn the testing processes and participate in game evaluations, measuring the functionality of the game and making specific design recommendations to address problems and increase playability.
• Participate in game testing activities and assists in preparing bug reports.
• Write and deliver bug reports to the QA Lead, Production, and related teams on time.
• Communicate with individuals across all areas of game development via email, IM, and direct verbal communication.
• Learn current game engine and bug writing tools to provide data, feedback, and support for the team.
• Work with development teams to track down issues using a variety of game authoring tools, including creation and deployment of game builds.
• Maintain a positive team environment with peers and management.
To succeed you must have…
• An understanding of software quality assurance practices and their importance to developing content.
• Development knowledge of PC, Xbox Series S/X or PS5.
• A strong passion for video game development.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills - be self-driven, an adaptable problem-solver, and a great teammate.
• 1+ year of QA Tester experience in games.
We'd love it if you also have…
• Experience working directly in game engines and understanding game vernacular.
• Familiarity with practical use of the Scientific Method.
• Experience working on TRC/TCR testing.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1yop-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.