Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are seeking a talented and self-directed Quality Assurance Tester to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you want to work with a fun, collaborative team on the world's most popular game franchises, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
• Tests pre-release versions of game titles and game tools for ease of use, reliability, consistency, and product defects.
• Learn the testing processes and participate in game evaluations, a process that measures the functionality of the game and the specific design recommendations to address problems and increase playability.
• Frequently uses independent judgment within established procedures.
• Participates in game testing activities and assists in preparing bug reports.
• Writes and delivers bug reports to lead, Production, and related disciplines on time.
• Will be required to communicate with individuals of all disciplines of game development via email, IM, and direct oral communication.
• Learn current game engine and bug writing tools to provide data, feedback, and support for the team.
• Works with development team to track down issues using a variety of game authoring tools, including creation and deployment of game builds.
• Understanding of software quality assurance practices and their importance to developing content.
• Development knowledge of PC, Xbox One or PS4.
• Self-driven, adaptable problem-solver and a great team player.
• Strong passion for video game development.
• Maintains a positive team atmosphere with peers and management.
• 1+ year QA Tester experience in games.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Communicates effectively with the lead and development team.
• Continuous and adaptable learner.
• Experience working directly in game engines and understanding game vernacular.
• Familiarity with practical use of the Scientific Method.
• Experience working on TRC/TCR testing.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx12x-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.