High Moon Studios
Level Designer - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Level Designer to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
• Own and design multiplayer levels from the ground up.
• Block out and build 3d levels through various phases of development.
• Research and be intimately familiar with the game's subject matter, locations, and architecture.
• Collaborate with the Systems Design team to support gameplay mechanics.
• Collaborate with other multiplayer level designers and environment artists to iterate on level designs.
• Prioritize well, meet deadlines and communicate progress of the level design with Leads and Directors frequently.
• Passion for shooters on Console and/or PC.
• Demonstrable experience making fun, visually impressive 3d multiplayer levels for a first person shooter.
• Multiplayer map design & building experience.
• 3+ years professional level design experience.
• Must work well in a team environment: Strong communication skills, taking and understanding direction well, meeting deadlines, and mentoring more junior members of the team.
• Strong game design skills: must be able to intelligently discuss the strengths and weaknesses of recent games. Must be able to list techniques used to make fun multiplayer FPS levels and systems.
• Drawing/art/Photoshop skills.
• Programming and or scripting experience.
• Background or education in game design, architecture, or traditional art.
• MOD community experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r740w6-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.