Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Level Designer to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
• Collaborate with cross discipline team to create single player level content.
• Create 2D maps and mission outlines for single player levels.
• Construct 3D level blockouts and script necessary combat encounters, gameplay mechanics and animated sequences.
• Present and pitch ideas to internal and external teams.
• Playtest in progress work and provide feedback to the team.
• Collaborate with Mechanics Designers and Engineers to create unique gameplay mechanics and improve tools.
• Passion for shooters on Console and/or PC.
• Demonstrable experience making fun, visually impressive 3d levels for a first person shooter.
• Single-player map design & building experience.
• 3+ years professional level design experience.
• Must work well in a team environment: Strong communication skills, taking and understanding direction well, meeting deadlines, and mentoring more junior members of the team.
• Strong game design skills: must be able to intelligently discuss the strengths and weaknesses of recent games. Must be able to list techniques used to make fun FPS levels and systems.
• Drawing/art/Photoshop skills.
• Strong technical skills and experience with common scripting languages (C#, Lua, Python, Unreal Script).
• Background or education in game design, architecture, or traditional art.
• MOD community experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67zz0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.