High Moon Studios
Job Title:Lead Level Designer - High Moon Studios
Lead Level Designer - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Lead Level Designer to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you want to work with a fun, collaborative team on the world's most popular game franchises, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
• Manage (4-6) designers in the creation of single player content (levels, player mechanics, ai behaviors, scripted moments)
• Review in-progress design work and provide regular feedback to the team
• Provide mentorship and leadership to the design team
• Conduct performance reviews and regular employee 1:1's
• Create and pitch high level ideas to the team
• Collaborate with other leads and producers on the implementation of cross discipline mechanics
• Possess a comprehensive understanding of the design process including level design, weapons, AI, controls, UI, etc.
• Ability to use scripting tools to prototype gameplay experiences or debug technical issues
• Provide feedback to Production and help create development schedules for design
• Help manage task sign-off for design through software tools (i.e. Jira)
• Able to take high level direction from your lead and execute independently
• Review and critique in-progress content with our external partners
• A minimum of 8 years of game design experience, shipping at least one title as a Lead or Senior Designer
• AAA game shipped
• FPS/Action/Coop gameplay experience
• Strong scripting skills
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.