Full Time Job
Expert Software Engineer
High Moon Studios
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionExpert Software Engineer (Engine/Graphics) - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! High Moon Studios is currently looking for an Expert Software Engineer to join our growing team!
What you'll do…
• Develop, design, modify, optimize and debug the Call of Duty engine and related systems (graphics, networking, optimization, physics, animation system, APIs)
• Communicate features and collaborate with engineering, design and art teams
• Participate in the design, performance and code review process
• Contribute to the design and roadmap of industry-leading AAA games
To succeed you should have…
• 7+ years of demonstrated experience working with Computer Graphics and/or other game-related technologies
• Excellent C/C++ skills
• Strong math skills
• Comprehensive understanding of parallel and multi-threaded programming, and of CPU, GPU and memory architectures
• Solid debugging skills, including the ability to debug at an assembly-level, as well as strong code and data optimization skills
• Familiarity with modern GPU/CPU performance analysis tools
• Good interpersonal skills and enjoys collaborating with other programmers, artists and designers
• A passion for writing clean and performant code
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
We'd love it if you also have…
• Experience writing shaders in HLSL, Cg and GLSL
• Fluency with modern 3D graphics APIs (OpenGL, Direct3D, console or mobile equivalent)
• Experience with iOS Metal or Vulkan APIs
• Familiarity with Physically-Based Rendering/Lighting
• Master's degree in a graphics related field
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to crafting a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $121,500.00 - $224,880.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all US locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role's range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyqjv-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.
High Moon Studios
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.