Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Environment Artist to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
What you'll be doing…
• Work with our Art Director and team to establish an iconic look for our world within the ambitious parameters set forth by our game designers.
• Work with our technical artists to establish an efficient environment content pipeline and identify possible needs and tools necessary to keep environment asset creation as streamlined as possible.
• Work hand in hand with a team of level designers, artists and lighters to develop levels from prototype to completion.
• Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues and maintain an awareness of level performance during development.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are defined and met on time.
• Craft visually stunning, atmospheric, effective and efficient 3D models of natural and architectural environments with strong drawing, texturing, and lighting skills and an excellent sense of spatial relations and structural logic.
To succeed you must have…
• 3+ years of experience crafting high-quality 3D architecture, environments, and levels for AAA games.
• The ability to demonstrate and execute multiple art styles.
• A basic understanding of shaders, with preference given to those who are adept in material. creation, lighting solutions, and environmental effects.
• The ability to receive, give, and apply feedback effectively.
• High proficiency in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop and Zbrush.
• Experience with the real-time engines and have spent a considerable amount of time ''in-editor''.
• A passion for gaming, a contagious, positive demeanor, and be someone who takes pride in everything they do.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating.
We'd love it if you also have…
• A foundation in traditional art with ability to concept ideas.
• Additional experience in lighting, VFX, design, etc.
• Outstanding visual and technical understanding of 3D modeling and texturing.
• Architecture or cinematography experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro98j6-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.