Associate Environment Artist
High Moon Studios
Job Title:Concept Artist (Temporary) - High Moon Studios
Concept Artist - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us!
High Moon Studios is looking for talented and passionate Concept Artists excited to work on our current and future projects. Qualified candidates will work alongside a team of world-class concept artists who have worked on one of the most successful videogame franchises of all time.
Our ideal candidate is excited about creating immersive environments and has a good understanding of architecture as well as organic environments. If you are passionate about videogames, concept art, and have a strong portfolio, come join our team!
As a Concept Artist, you will work directly with the Art Director, Art leads and Concept Art team to deliver the following:
• Create inspirational artwork to define artistic vision and support game design.
• Produce creative designs from initial sketches to final concepts.
• Gather and organize reference for the concept team.
• Paint over renders and screenshots in Photoshop.
• Draw storyboards which will illustrate the movement of FX and FX animations.
• Create redline notes for environments, taking game levels to a higher fidelity for the production.
• Actively contribute to the growth of the studio.
• 2+ years of experience creating high-quality 2D art, concepts, and designs for games.
• Highly proficient in Photoshop.
• Understanding of traditional artistic skills, composition, rendering, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, and graphic design.
• Solid drawing fundamentals, along with traditional painting and rendering techniques.
• Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to observe, research, and analyze a variety of subject matters (i.e., history, architecture, construction, and how things are made).
• Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
• Demonstrate a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment.
• Must be comfortable with learning new tools, including some of the game tools.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Web based portfolios are preferred.
• Knowledge of 3D applications like Blender, Maya, Zbrush, Sketch-up, etc., is a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.