Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, resourceful, and versatile Associate VFX Artist to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
What you'll be doing…
• Collaborate with the VFX Art Lead and other departments to deliver stunning AAA quality visual effects.
• Use sprite-based particle systems along with pixel and vertex shaders to create a wide variety of real-time special effects.
• Use traditional visual effects software such as Maya, Max, Photoshop, Houdini, etc. along with proprietary tools to deliver high quality visual effects simulating real world physical elements.
• Placing and sequencing the behavior of effects in game balancing Design and Art requirements.
• Read and write script code to sequence effects.
• Troubleshoot artistic, technical, and performance issues.
• Collaborate with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are met.
To succeed you must have…
• Production experience using particle systems and other forms of dynamic simulations.
• Proficient with Photoshop, Max or Maya.
• Strong artistic ability as well as good technical knowledge.
• Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with team members.
• Awareness of console game budgets and technical constraints.
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• Continuous learner and ability to adapt to change.
• Passion for video games.
• 1+ years of Visual Effects experience for games, or equivalent real-time experience in film/television.
We'd love it if you also have…
• Programming experience in any language (C#, Python, HLSL).
• Traditional animation background.
• Houdini, or other dynamic and fluid simulation experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zep7-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.