Associate Level Designer (Single Player) - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Associate Level Designer to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
What you'll do…
• Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to build single player level content.
• Create 2D maps and mission outlines for single player levels.
• Construct 3D level blockouts and script combat encounters, gameplay mechanics, and animated sequences.
• Present and pitch ideas to internal and external teams.
• Playtest in progress work and provide feedback to the team.
• Collaborate with Mechanics Designers and Engineers to craft unique gameplay mechanics and improve tools.
To succeed you should have…
• A passion for shooters on Console and/or PC.
• Proven experience making fun, visually impressive 3d levels for a first person shooter.
• Single-player map design & building experience.
• 1+ years of professional level design experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills: with communication, taking and understanding direction well, meeting deadlines, and mentoring more junior members of the team.
• Strong game design skills: should be able to thoughtfully discuss the strengths and weaknesses of recent games and list techniques used to make fun multiplayer FPS levels and systems.
We'd love it if you also have…
• Drawing/art/Photoshop skills.
• Experience with common scripting languages (C#, Lua, Python, Unreal Script).
• Background or education in game design, architecture, or traditional art.
• MOD community experience.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvpb4w-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.