Great games start with great people! If you've ever dreamt of using your talents on world-class AAA titles and contributing to some of the biggest names in video games, here is your perfect opportunity! We're excited to find an Animator (Temporary) to join our growing team in Carlsbad, California.
As an Animator you'll be expected to execute a wide variety of animations to high degree of polish that our players have come to expect. Fear not, you'll have a team of veterans helping you accomplish that. If you share a passion for developing ground-breaking player experiences, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
• Create world-class first-person animation for weapons, gadgets, and player world interactions.
• Create third-person animations using motion-capture data.
• Work with designers and engineers to develop gameplay animation and mechanics.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with the development team using strong interpersonal skills.
• Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues to ensure the best-possible presentation.
• Report to the Lead Animator.
• 3+ years of professional animation experience with a focus on first-person animation skills with excellent awareness for timing, weight, and composition.
• Demonstrated success in working independently and with other disciplines to solve complex multi-disciplinary animation challenges.
• Create visually stunning animation using both hand-key and motion capture data.
• Good knowledge and understanding in real world weapons and military warfare.
• Understanding and knowledge of character rigs, game animation pipelines, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
• Effectively communicate and clearly express ideas and animation decisions with both the animation team and other disciplines, while being open to feedback.
• Can quickly learn and master new tools and implementation techniques.
• Ability to take direction and critique to ensure a consistent vision.
• Working knowledge of Maya, with proven ability in successfully creating, editing and implementing animations.
• You take pride in everything you animate and do it with a positive attitude.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects, and include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating.
• Knowledge of FPS games.
• Basic knowledge of camera animation.
• Experience with motion capture-based projects.
• Familiarity with animation blending systems.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9781m-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.