Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are seeking a passionate AI Engineer who will work closely with other engineers and content teams to expand our AI systems to create new and exciting experiences for our players. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate engineering team on the world's most popular game franchises!
What you'll be doing…
• Work with AI engineering teams to expand our AI technology in order to push the limits of what our AI can currently do
• Work alongside our design and content teams to develop new AI characters and behaviors
• Implement, debug and optimize major systems in C/C++ and other languages in the context of a large cross platform codebase
• Design and implement optimized AI systems
To succeed you must have…
• Excellent C++ programming skills, with knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Fluency in 3D math and algebra, related to game programming.
• Strong design sensibilities and outstanding communication skills.
• A passion for making video games
• Solid debugging skills
• Experience extending an established code base
• 3+ years of experience in games or real-time AI
• 1+ shipped games
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math related field
We'd love it if you also have…
• Open world game development experience
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
• AI systems in a networked environment
• Animation – blend trees, IK, motion matching
• AI navigation mesh generation and pathfinding
• AI controlled vehicles
• Experience with scripting languages
• Console development experience
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
• Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
• 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
• Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
• Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
• If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the US, the standard base pay range for this role is $77,500.00 - $143,376.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the US and is not applicable to locations outside of the US Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv9vvj-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.