Love to craft marketing messages and bring promotional ideas to life on screen? Hearst Television is looking for an enthusiastic video editor who will be responsible for writing, producing, and editing on-air and off-air marketing creative.
The position requires a strong sense of creativity and high level of responsibility and organization. With broadcast stations in 26 US markets, Hearst Television reaches a fifth of US households; this role will support a team responsible for marketing to that footprint and beyond.
The Video Editor, Marketing, Streaming Video Services reports to the Senior Video Editor, Marketing of Streaming Video Services of Hearst Television.
LOCATION: US-based with flexibility to work in any Hearst Television market.
• Work with Senior Video Editor and Creative Manager to develop video assets for on-air and off-air use including brand spots/trailers, original series promos/teases, social clips, etc.
• Develop, write, produce, and edit concepts for each assignment
• Write innovative copy and help conceptualize unique brand spots and series promos
• Work with marketing and social teams on content development and foresee upcoming promotional projects needed for programming slate and marketing priorities
• Assist with video graphics design needs including branding, template/toolkit development, etc.
• Responsible for project management and archiving of all final assets
• Book and direct audio engineers and voice-over talent (as needed)
• A minimum of 3 years of experience producing and editing exceptional spots and trailers for televIsIon, preferably with a network, streamer, or creative agency
• Experience with both branded and original series creative development
• Strong understanding of all phases of pre-production, production, and post-production
• Superior writing skills and understanding the importance of audio are a must
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and experience with Adobe suite, including After Effects
• Ability to take a project from concept to completion, including all phases of development
• Passion for staying current on media industry and social trends
• College degree in Communications, Literature, Journalism, or a creative discipline a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03znm-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.