Baltimore's news and information leader, Hearst's WBAL NewsRadio 1090 and FM 101.5 is seeking a full-time Traffic Anchor/Reporter to serve as the trusted voice commuters will turn to for the latest conditions weekday mornings. We are looking for a dependable individual with a confident on-air delivery, who can effectively and concisely communicate traffic conditions in the greater Baltimore area in an easy to understand and useful way. This is an on-site position.
• Anchoring of WBAL traffic reports.
• Monitor multiple sources to compile reports on the latest traffic conditions.
• Use digital and social media platforms to update and interact with listeners.
• Deliver breaking news in a timely and concise manner.
• In-person attendance is required
• Understanding of the Baltimore metro and surrounding areas helpful.
• Familiarity with radio or television broadcast news operations helpful.
• Must be available to work holidays and be able to manage a flexible schedule.
• College or comparable experience preferred.
• Broadcast experience preferred, particularly anchoring and reporting news and/or traffic.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p979-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.