Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the US-including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics-inspires, entertains, and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social, and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology, and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Hearst Magazines is seeking a Studio Coordinator to work at their in-house studios. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills and hands-on experience with photo and video equipment. This position is required to be in the studio/office 5 days per week, and reports to the Chief Visual Content Director.
What you'll do:
• Responsible for the organization and maintenance of all studio photo, lighting and grip equipment
• Provide support with technical equipment questions, as well as image-related issues.
• Manage and coordinate photographer equipment orders.
• Provide support with all studio shoot needs: breaking down photo equipment, wall flats, props, seamless paper, painting, etc.
• Assist in the maintenance of prop rooms | prop room organization.
• Coordinate booking requests and studio calendar.
• Monitor studio emails.
• Work as a part of a team to troubleshoot and anticipate studio and client needs.
• Potential to shoot for Hearst brands based on business needs.
Who you are:
• Prior experience, such as an internship, working in a photo studio and/or working with photo/video equipment, grip, and gear.
• Multi-tasker with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and a professional and positive manner.
• Proficiency with MAC OS X and PC Windows, plus such software as Microsoft Office, Phase One C1Pro, and Adobe Photoshop/Bridge.
The base salary for this role is $60,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyk27-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.