- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Hearst Studios West seeks a full-time Senior Producer to join its Clevver video team. The role leads the day-to-day operation of the Clevver News team and drives the editorial direction of the brand.
Duties include directing the editorial staff in decision-making, content choices, and breaking news, assigning and editing content across news verticals, and making strategic choices that drive audience engagement based on analytics and SEO best practices. This ideal candidate will have an unquenching passion for entertainment news, pop culture and internet culture, as well as a fluency in social media and the celebrity/influencer space. The role is based in Santa Monica, California.
What you'll do:
• Serve as the main point of contact for scheduling, production, and creative decisions regarding daily news content for digital media platforms with over 5 million subscribers and 4.4 billion lifetime views.
• Assign and edit all news content on a daily basis while meeting tight deadlines and maintaining audience interaction.
• Manage team of hosts and contributors.
• Prioritize stories to cover.
• Optimize the brand's offerings with a focus on increasing engagement and revenue.
• Identify and execute content plans for forecasted trends and major events.
• Develop content ideas for the community based on audience demand and search data.
Who you are
• You have at least 5 years of experience in online journalism or content creation, and the ability to nurture a strong editorial voice. BA/BS in journalism, communications or related a plus.
• You have exceptional writing and editing skills
• You understand what makes digital content and social media engaging, conversation-starting and good for SEO and social traffic-driving strategies.
• You have experience in entertainment, lifestyle, and breaking news environments.
• You are a tendspotter and celebrity expert.
• You have excellent project management skills.
• You have excellent management and interpersonal skills that inspire passion, dedication and excellence from others.
• You have strong editorial judgment about content and its accuracy, tone and organization.
• You have strong organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo0b6-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.