Human Resources Associate Director
New York, NY
Hearst Magazines is looking for a self-starter with experience in executive and internal communications to join the Communications & PR team.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing about corporate and business initiatives, building employee engagement strategies, and collaborating with the HR team to create a communications system focused on culture-building. The candidate will have 6-7 years of experience, is detail-oriented and able to meet project deadlines, and is comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure.
What you'll do
• Work with VP of Communications on executive business information strategy and internal communications.
• Create relevant materials for a full range of communications needs, including, corporate memos, newsletters, presentations, scripts, videos and more.
• Continuously improve communications effectiveness by finding innovative ways to engage employees and demonstrate the attributes of Hearst Magazines' culture.
• Collaborate with the People & Talent team on communications around company culture, employee recognition, DE&I training & programs, benefits and more.
• Continuously improve communications effectiveness through measurement and insights.
Who you are
• You have strong business knowledge and the ability to quickly learn, understand, and communicate the company's business priorities.
• You're able to listen, process and distill new information in an effective and engaging way.
• You have knowledge of and experience with internal communications and employee engagement strategies.
• You have good judgment and the ability to plan ahead and work efficiently.
• You have the ability to manage and be discreet with complex, sensitive and confidential matters.
• You have strong editing and writing skills.
• You have a positive attitude and willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.