Associate Editor, Prevention
New York, NY
House Beautiful is seeking an experienced storyteller to create content across digital, video, and print. As a senior editor, you'll be responsible for writing, assigning, and top-editing stories-from quick-hitting daily news to long-lead features and packages. Our ideal candidate can write a must-read story on a dime, is obsessed with all things home and decorating, and has experience working for both print and digital publications. You're fearlessly creative but can always hit a deadline. And you know that great design can be aspirational, accessible, and really, really fun all at once.
What you'll do:
• Pitch, write, and produce (or assign) features for digital, video, and print
• Top-edit 8+ digital stories a day, from home tours to news
• Use site analytics and SEO to help our team meet KPIs
• Collaborate with fellow editors and producers to hit deadlines and create top-quality content
• Liaise with marketing and sales teams to ensure any digital content for partnerships is on brand and will perform for our audience
Who you are:
• You have at least five years post-grad experience producing editorial content for digital and print publications
• You have excellent writing and editing skills, and knowledge of what makes a great story
• You have strong experience in service journalism and SEO
• You have a passion for home decor and interior design
• You have experience mentoring younger writers in an editorial environment
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.