Branded Content Editor, Lifestyle
New York, NY
We are looking for a Director to join our Consumer Products team and lead strategy and development of our e-commerce shops. This team's mission is to create, merchandise, and market unique consumer products that will help us build deeper relationships with our 300MM+ audience across our broad portfolio of media brands. This person will be responsible for shaping our platform and merchandising strategy, driving forward our roadmap, and partnering with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders to achieve aggressive ecommerce growth.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading e-commerce strategy at established brands and/or marketplaces and will have a proven ability to leverage an iterative, data-driven approach to consumer experience, conversion funnel optimization, and growth.
What You'll Do:
• Lead strategy and execution of our e-commerce shops including overall UX, merchandising, conversion funnel, analytics, third party integrations, QA, etc.
• Identify areas of improvement on the platform, prioritize features that could drive results, and analyze the performance of these new features on a daily basis.
• Work with other business leaders to develop new ways to leverage our e-commerce platform to drive the overall business forward.
• Project Manage our product roadmap alongside Magento 2 Development team.
• Lead QA and testing on our shops across all media brands.
• Partner closely with a broad group of cross-functional stakeholders including product, marketing, business, editorial, design, legal, and external vendors.Work alongside our Product team across back-end integrations, identity, security, payments, and data & analytics.
• Build dashboards, identify trends in performance, and refine our attribution methodology.
Who You Are:
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Technology, Media, or Commerce.
• You have 10+ years of experience in in e-commerce or marketplaces, specifically in growth or business strategy.
• You have a proven track record managing a team.
• You can focus on broader platform goals while planning, executing, and analyzing in the short and long-term.
• You have worked alongside developers and are familiar with technical development needs.
• You have the ability to interpret data, derive insights, and transform insight into action
• You are an effective project manager and can prioritize competing deadlines and resources against business goals.
• Experience operating inside of the Adobe Magento e-commerce platform and Amazon Seller Central.
• Proficient in a variety of systems and tools related to the platform including Google Analytics, Google Optimizer, Google Tag Manager, various Order Management Systems, ESPs, etc.
• Familiar with various e-commerce business models including DTC, dropship, affiliate, etc.
• Familiar with affiliate marketing and affiliate networks such as Rakuten, Skimlinks, etc.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.