Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, Car and Driver, Road & Track, Runner's World, and many more. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing media for the 21st century.
We are seeking an exceptional Product Manager to join the Membership team at Hearst's Media Platforms division. In this role, you will participate in the development and product management of the suite of tools which supports Hearst Magazines' fast growing memberships business. You will play a critical part in the development and evolution of a new and strategically significant product domain which supports Hearst's world-renowned publishing and lifestyle brands.
You will work with Hearst Magazines' Consumer Revenue team to implement membership experiences, enable experimentation, and identify feature improvements.
You will contribute to the development of product strategy through market and competitive research, user engagement, business analysis and problem identification.
Ideal candidates strive for big-picture vision yet have the drive and attention to detail to execute with your team. As a Product Manager, you will collaborate with business stakeholders, designers and engineering teams to refine and execute a roadmap for Hearst's memberships and customer journey technology. You will participate in all aspects of the Agile development process, and be responsible for high quality epics, stories and acceptance criteria.
You must have demonstrable experience engaging and aligning with stakeholders, communicating technical details to non-technical audiences, presenting to medium-to-large groups and working effectively with vendors and partners. You will leverage the resources of a successful, well-known business combined with the nimbleness and forward-looking feel of a startup.
Hearst's Media Platforms division is Hearst's internal product, technology and design group, which spans both CDS Global and Hearst Magazines. CDS Global is a business process solutions provider that uses its unique data and technology assets to support the entire consumer lifecycle of major publishers. Hearst Magazines' portfolio includes Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, Esquire, House Beautiful, Country Living, Harper's BAZAAR, ELLE, Car and Driver, Road & Track, Men's Health, Women's Health, Bicycling, Runner's World, and many more.
This position is based in New York City.
What you'll do
• Collaborate with key business stakeholders to implement membership experiences and identify feature improvements.
• Work closely with a scrum team, participating in key ceremonies and driving all epics, stories and associated artifacts.
• Participate in or lead the development and prioritization of target customers, end-users, and internal stakeholder needs.
• Participate in or lead the development of strategies and execute plans to drive business value.
• Define and communicate a portion of the product roadmap aligned with company objectives, and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
• Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to build momentum and alignment, and shepherd product concepts through execution, validation and adoption.
• Ensure appropriate customer research, usability testing and rapid iteration. Ensure a valuable and productive user experience.
• Document, validate and prioritize product specifications within an Agile/SCRUM development environment.
• Lead build vs. buy evaluations for key integrations ensuring we are investing prudently in core competencies and technologies and partnering where more appropriate.
Who you are
• 2-4+ years in Internet/Web/Mobile product management, with expertise in managing and/or building consumer-facing experiences.
• Familiarity with digital media businesses and subscription revenue models.
• Experience content or multi-channel marketing campaign design and/or execution.
• Proven track record of full responsibility through the product life cycle in a fast-paced, Agile environment. Has shipped highly successful products.
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deliverables and projects at once, sticking to deadlines.
• Highly collaborative with the ability to inspire others and push through barriers.
• Extensive cross-functional and stakeholder exposure and management.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
• Takes responsibility from inception to outcomes. Determines needs, aligns priorities, delivers to market, measures outcomes, and seeks to build upon success.
• Customer focused. Deeply understands the market and unmet needs. Loves to create and deliver outstanding products that delight customers and is passionate for constant innovation.
• Highly collaborative. Builds trust and strong relationships at all levels, influences without formal authority, pushes back when appropriate, earns respect, and respects the contributions of others.
• Excellent communicator. Articulates the product strategy and roadmap, structures the problem at hand, experienced and comfortable gaining alignment and in presenting to senior executives.
• Strategic thinker. Understands business objectives and converts them into clear product plans, follows through with execution.
• Analytic and results orientated. Uses hard data to assess opportunities, metrics driven, ruthless in prioritization, overcomes obstacles to drive business outcomes.
• Driven and motivates others. Takes initiative, sets context, listens and finds compromises, drives for clarity, relentless, hard-working, self-accountable.
• Understands technology and keeps current with the latest trends. Works with implementation teams to adapt to technical constraints without compromising end-user solutions.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge. Thrives in a fast-paced environment, concurrently manages multiple initiatives, remains optimistic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4x631-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.