Hearst Television is seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Political Advertising Sales Account Executive to join our sales team. You must have extensive experience in the political sales arena. You must have outstanding relationships with the top levels of political ad agencies in Washington, DC and all other cities where political ad agencies operate. This job is based in Washington, DC, reporting to the Political Sales Manager. This role is bonus eligible.
• Constant communication with political ad agencies regarding their business
• Collaborate with station management on rate card management and ''upfront'' order strategy
• Track and report all candidate/issue assignments at agencies for upcoming elections
• Assist HTV station sales managers in political agencies calls, presentations, etc.
• Assist Political Sales Manager on any group-wide agency requests that may arise, both linear and digital
• Crisis Management for political agency-station conflicts
• Travel to cites for political sales calls outside of Washington, DC (LA, Chicago, New York, etc.)
• Assist in budgeting for upcoming year, both at the corporate and individual station level
• Oversight of transition from rep firms to in-house political sales effort
• First level oversight of HTV Political Portal
• Point of contact for station questions regarding political procedure, FCC regulations, etc.
• Full knowledge of all FCC regulations regarding political advertising
• Collaboration with legal counsel on FCC compliance and manager training
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all culture, backgrounds, perspective, and identities. That's why behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0q981-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.