We are seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive Global Operations Associate with a background in media or publishing to support our executive team in a matrixed, international setting. This position will ensure the Hearst Magazines International President's office runs smoothly. The successful candidate will serve in an executive assistant capacity, partner to our International leadership team, ensuring smooth global operations, effective communication across regions, and optimal use of time and resources, all within the context of media and publishing.
What you'll do:
• Provide comprehensive administrative support to the Hearst Magazines International President
• Organize and manage international travel arrangements and itineraries
• Manage complex global calendars, meetings, and appointments, considering different time zones and publication schedules.
• Handle expense reports and budget tracking
• Prepare and proofread documents, reports, and corporate presentations as requested
• Handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism on an international scale.
Communication and Liaison
• Act as a central point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, including those in various countries and media partners.
• Screen and manage incoming calls, emails, and inquiries
• Facilitate effective communication between leadership and various departments, considering multiple timelines.
• Support in coordinating and managing global project logistics and initiatives on behalf of the executive team.
• Prioritize tasks and ensure deadlines are met across different time zones and publication schedules.
• Conduct research and provide recommendations, considering international and media-specific factors.
Who you are:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Proven experience as a global executive assistant, chief of staff, or a similar role with a background in media or publishing.
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills in a multi-cultural and media-specific environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities with a global perspective.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Leadership and teamwork skills, especially in a diverse and global setting.
• Adaptability and the ability to work in a fast-paced international environment, understanding media and publishing industry dynamics.
• Extraordinarily resourceful, a proactive thinker with the ability to self-direct and work independently
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, Instagram, Google Drive, and Zoom
• Superior communication skills and proven ability to collaborate well with others
• Strong sense of discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment when handling classified information
• Can-do attitude, eager to observe, learn, and tackle new projects
• Able to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
This role requires the position to be located in New York, NY with an in-office presence of 3+ days a week.
The base salary for this role is between $80,000 to $90,000 annually. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n1m0-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.