Des Moines, IA
Moines is ranked as one of America's best cities to live and raise a
family. Located in the heart of Iowa, KCCI-TV is the lead source for the
latest local headlines and live alerts. If you are motivated by working with a
talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further! Best of all,
you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies
in the country.
To learn more about Des Moines, click HERE.
KCCI-TV, the CBS affiliate in Des Moines, has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts and is passionate about politics.
On a normal week, this producer will produce the noon newscast, produce a weekly political/affairs show and be a strong voice for politics in our editorial process. At other times, this producer will focus solely on political coverage, which might include producing candidate debates or forums, field producing at events, as well as other assignments. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, making decisions and communicating the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must be able to make politics interesting and easy to understand for all viewers and be committed to winning the big story, breaking news and weather.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• 2 years producing experience
• Experience in covering politics or being involved in political is a plus
• Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.