Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines' portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the US - including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics - inspires, entertains and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
Hearst Magazines is seeking a strong writer-editor, who is comfortable creating content across a variety of brands, including Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Women's Health, ELLE, Good Housekeeping, and more. This position is part of a growing editorial team that supports LIFT, a centralized performance content team that grows Hearst Magazines' digital readership through paid social and search promotions.
The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and is up for writing across a wide spectrum of topics - from entertainment to health to fashion and beyond - and pitching in wherever needed. In this role, candidates will be diving into a variety of subject areas - researching, reporting, and writing stories daily - as well as supporting the team's senior editors with producing content from freelance contributors.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Work closely with LIFT's senior editorial team to conceive and publish content across 20+ Hearst Magazines websites
• Write or update 8-12 stories a week across many verticals, including entertainment, fashion/beauty, health, home, and more
• Help identify content across the network to enhance and/or modify for paid promotion
• Assist with writing promotional copy for ads and social media posts
• Field questions from editorial teams and join brainstorms to ideate new content to create
• Monitor traffic and performance to understand what's working and why
Who you are:
• 3+ years of experience as a writer, with a minimum of 1 year working in a digital editorial environment
• Strong writing skills and a talent for quick turn-around on clean, voicey, accurate copy
• Comfortable writing across a variety of lifestyle subjects and able to adapt voice and style to match brands and audiences
• Strong angling and packaging skills (understands the difference between a headline for Facebook vs. search), as well as an understanding of SEO best practices
• Top-notch organization and communication skills and ability to stay on top of day-to-day details, while interacting with multiple teams
• Experience with editorial content tools, including working in a CMS, Photoshop, and more
The base salary for this role is between $64,000 and $73,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r757n8-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.