Assistant Editor, Country Living
About Country Living
Country Living delivers useful, actionable advice related to all the comforts of home (design, food, pets, gardening) alongside soulful and spirited how-tos that embrace slowing down and living well. Our ''small-town'' community of millions of highly engaged print, online, and social readers knows that how you live is more important than where you live, and that Country Living is a breath of fresh air delivered whenever, wherever you need it.
The Lifestyle Editor at Country Living will serve as a vital part of all brand platforms through his/her strong aesthetic sensibility. From crafts to collecting and everything in between, the lifestyle editor will package stories in a way that's both informative and beautiful.
For consideration, please submit your resume in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio.
What you'll do:
• Pitch and write lifestyle-and service-based columns and feature packages that can be optimized for both digital and search value.
• Cover categories including travel, decorating, pets, and more.
• Work closely with the executive editor and digital lead to package content across all platforms.
Who you are:
• You have at least five years of professional magazine editorial experience, preferably in the lifestyle field with home/decor content.
• You have a bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
• You have deep experience pitching, writing, reporting, producing, and editing stories and can execute larger service packages (across digital, social, video, and print).
• You have a personal passion for small towns, wide-open spaces, and off-the-beaten path experiences and know how to execute these stories on video.
• You possess the ability to write clearly and concisely. Plus, we love a good pun or 10!
• You have experience with Google Analytics/Google Trends to help craft pitches that drive traffic.
• You have an understanding of SEO, analytics, and social media platforms.
• You are curious, willing to roll up your sleeves, and keep pace with the constantly evolving everything!
• You are a self-starter with enthusiasm for all things CL, organized with a sharp attention to detail, and a team player who can keep up in a fast-paced environment.
• You have strong time-management, communication, and interpersonal skills, and-above all-are fun(!) with a positive and professional attitude.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.