Hearst Media Production Group is seeking a full-time IT/Media Asset Manager to join our extraordinary team in Burbank, CA. This position is responsible for owning and managing tasks related to infrastructure, computer and editing systems, Macs and PCs, connectivity- wired and wireless, security efforts, project workflow, LTO tape archive, cloud-based archive, media asset management, and other aspects of full production. This position serves as the go-to for workflow related changes, issues, and management. This role is the point of contact for the HT3 team and others to provide proper support to the business unit. Additionally, this position would remove these tasks from current project management, allowing the production process as expected, ensuring on time delivery of project media. The IT/Media Asset Manager position is dynamic, challenging, creative. If you enjoy problem solving, managing systems, and keeping organized, this role could be the perfect fit for you!
This position reports to the EVP, Production and Development and is located in Burbank, CA.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist and manage workflow for production editing projects
• Understand, manage, maintain, and backup media storage – Qumulo
• Oversee episodic backup and archives
• LTO project archive operation, management, storage, retrieval
• Manage Areca tower
• Manage IPV Curator MAM (Media Asset Manager) system and archive
• Manage cloud-based content archive and Metadata
• Maintain HMPG Master Archive
• update the spreadsheet for each season
• ensure that the proper FINAL episode is updated to the cloud
• Support MAC & peripheral devices
• Troubleshoot IT issues, including network connectivity issues
• Assist with Mac setup and configuration, JAMF
• Adhere to HTV IT Standards
• Some IT work experience and the desire to succeed
• Two years in LAN & WAN systems administration
• Experience in media, entertainment or television broadcast setting is preferred
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite, video Codecs, and Post Prod workflow
• Must have the ability to triage IT issues, remediate when possible or work with enterprise support resources to resolve
• Must have the ability to work independently
• Must possess excellent organization and problem-solving skills
• Work with teams to organize and management content repositories
• BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Science or Information Technology or related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, or other certifications are preferred
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Media Production Group requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Media Production Group will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group (HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include ''Matter of Fact with Soledad O'Brien,'' America's #1 syndicated political program; the Emmy Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including ''Weekend Adventure,'' on ABC stations; ''CBS Dream Team,'' on the CBS Network; ''The More You Know,'' on the NBC Network; ''One Magnificent Morning,'' on The CW Network; ''Mi Telemundo'' on the Telemundo Network and ''Go Time!'' on independent stations. HMPG also distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including ''Law&Crime Daily,'' ''Prime Crime,'' ''Consumer Reports TV,'' and the company's dedicated FAST channels ''Xplore'' and ''The Jack Hanna Channel,'' available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d920p7-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.