The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the President and select members of the Executive Team while managing the organization's office operations. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. As an essential role to the organization, this position is in-office 5 days per week based at our new state-of-the art Hearst facility located in Ballantyne, Charlotte, NC.
• Provide sophisticated calendar management for President. Prioritize inquiries while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
• Coordinate communication and schedule meetings with Hearst Corporation executives.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the President's ability to effectively lead the organization: collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense reports.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect President's style and organization policy.
• Research, recommend, initiate and maintain preferred vendor relationships pertaining to travel, communications and premiums.
• Keep President well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events.
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team. Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Executive Team, on behalf of the President.
• Manage all aspects of the organization's office services.
• Monitor and replenish supplies, materials, and corporate premiums as appropriate.
• Provide outside meeting and event management support as requested.
• Manage Signage Live platform to display Welcome Sign for guests.
• Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
• Monitor main phone messages and general email box, responding or forwarding where appropriate.
• Process and distribute daily mail.
• Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
• 5+ years of executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field is preferred.
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Related military training and experience will be considered.
• Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Concur applications.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
• High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including senior executives, staff and community leaders.
• Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
• Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
• Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require rapid response or turnaround.
• Maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Excellent judgment is essential.
• Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility to changing environments and work processes.
• Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and diverse communities.
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group (HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include the Emmy® Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including ''Weekend Adventure,'' on ABC stations; ''CBS WKND,'' on the CBS Network; ''The More You Know,'' on the NBC Network; ''One Magnificent Morning,'' on The CW Network; ''Mi Telemundo'' on the Telemundo Network and ''Go Time'' on independent stations. HMPG also produces and/or distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including Matter of Fact with Soledad O'Brien, America's #1 nationally syndicated public affairs news magazine; Consumer Reports TV, and the company's dedicated FAST channels Xplore, The Jack Hanna Channel and Rovr Pets, available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms. HMPG has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and Charlotte. HMPG is represented by United Talent Agency.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6w13j-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.