Women's Health is dedicated to helping women live their happiest, healthiest lives. We produce digital, print, and social content across multiple pillars including health, fitness, beauty, sex & love, and news. Women's Health is looking for a whip-smart, enthusiastic editorial assistant with a passion for health and wellness to join its integrated print-digital team. This person will pitch ideas, research, report, and write stories for both the website and print magazine. They will work primarily within the health and fitness verticals of Women's Health. This is a full-time position based in Women's Health's office in New York City.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What You'll Do:
• Research and pitch stories for both print and digital packages focusing on health and fitness.
• Write and report stories involving expert interviews with professionals in the health and fitness fields.
• Contribute commerce stories, slideshows, listicles, expert-based articles, and more to the health and fitness verticals, and others as needed, on a weekly basis.
• Assist with administrative tasks
• Attend and cover press previews and other industry events as needed
Who You Are:
• You have an interest in health and fitness reporting and writing (experience is a bonus)
• You have a basic understanding of analytics and digital best practices
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can juggle many deadlines at once
• You hold a Bachelor's degree
This role requires the position to be located in New York with an in-office presence of 3+ days a week.
The base salary for this role is budgeted at $60,000 annually. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8nb5q-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.