- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Do you have a passion for producing compelling and unique digital video stories? Are you looking for a position in which you can be a part of a creative group of professionals producing great digital video for clients and partners? Then we are looking for you!
Hearst TV Digital Studios, a national digital video production outlet connected to Hearst Television, has an exciting new opportunity for the right person. The Digital Studios team is responsible for the production of great branded and editorial digital video content across the country. The ideal candidate will ooze creativity, and have the tenacity and wherewithal to execute on their ideas. This client-facing creative will be expected to have the capability to develop, write, produce, and edit videos. Videography/field production experience is a plus, and there is the potential for travel.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the future of digital media, is a tremendous storyteller, and likes to create video content that stands out in a crowd. Strong preference is given to candidates with experience in documentary or short documentary production.
This position will report to the Manager, Production.
• Develop, produce, write and edit digital video content (branded & editorial)
• Manage small productions- locations, set pieces, talent, etc.
• Provide direction to freelance crew members
• Plug into the work of a nationally-distributed team
• Work closely with brands to help them fulfill their goals
• Videography experience a plus
• 2+ years of experience producing excellent videos. Show example links and/or reel.
• The ability to tell a story from a truly compelling and unique point of view. (Written samples welcome as well)
• A student of the digital video game. (Knowledge of upstart digital video producers like Complex, Buzzfeed, and Vox, as well as the digital efforts of legacy publishers a plus)
• Experience editing on Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Experience shooting with a Sony A7s a plus (or similar, like Canon 5D).
• Basic knowledge of Google Drive and MS Office.
• Experience in showing results within the confines of brand requirements, client deliverables, and budget limitations.
• Must exhibit a tenacious, upstart mentality.
• Flexible schedule and ability to travel for productions.
• Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills. Communication is everything.
• A good attitude! Our work family and positive culture is everything to the HTV Digital Studio team.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.