Elle is searching for an ambitious and innovative design director with a strong interest in fashion and excellent management skills to help shape, sharpen, and steer the brand's visual identity across the print, website, social platforms, and events. Projects will include designing covers and print pages, helping develop editorial ideas for fashion shoots, and overseeing the look of ambitious digital packages. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with a love of luxury fashion who can also thrive in the everyday: designing layouts, overseeing color, managing a team and executing a variety of large and small design projects on tight deadlines. You must be able to work at a high level while managing multiple projects in a highly collaborative environment. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you'll do:
• Oversee all visuals for the brand including digital, print, photo, video, social, and more as needs evolve
• Lead design of the print magazine, working closely with the photo team, art department, freelance photographers, illustrators, and print editors to create content that is visually consistent, modern, beautiful, and engaging across all platforms
• Collaborate closely with the digital editors to brainstorm ideas for visually based stories, features, and packages, including photos, infographics, motion, and video
• Direct the art department; manage projects on tight deadlines with quality visuals
• Cross-collaborate with the photo department, marketing department, branded, and contributing editors
• Maintain visual systems, style guides, and design templates to consistently carry brand identity across platforms
Who you are:
• You have 10+ years of professional digital and print editorial design experience at a consumer brand, preferably fashion
• You have experience overseeing a consumer editorial brand, including cover design
• You have experience managing multiple direct reports
• You have experience working side-by-side with other team leads: editorial, style, market, etc.
• You have strong knowledge of InDesign, Woodwing, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
• You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• You have strong design sensibility and production skills
• You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• You are a true team-player, kind and open-minded; you know when to assert your expertise and when to let your colleagues shine
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92v3k-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.