Associate Commerce Editor, Country Living
Part-Time Culture & News Editor, Country Living
About Country Living
Country Living delivers useful, actionable advice related to all the comforts of home (design, food, pets, gardening) alongside soulful and spirited how-tos that embrace slowing down and living well. Our ''small-town'' community of millions of highly engaged print, online, and social readers knows that how you live is more important than where you live, and that Country Living is a breath of fresh air delivered whenever, wherever you need it.
The Culture & News editor will determine which news stories reach the Country Living audience, from quick-hit news items to relevant celebrity happenings to culturally resonant features. This is a part-time position (three days per week).
For consideration, please submit your resume in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to your portfolio.
What you'll do:
• Pitch and write CountryLiving.com's news stories, including celebrity coverage.
• Pitch and write or assign/edit longer-lead and second-day stories and bigger features.
• Edit freelance writers.
• Schedule the CL Facebook feed and syndicate relevant content.
• Determine which TV shows, movies, and events CL should be obsessed with right now.
• Coordinate with fact-checking and legal teams to ascertain stories meet all standards.
• Be intimately familiar with analytics and program content accordingly.
• Work with a team of digital editors and video editors/producers to meet traffic, views and content strategy goals.
Who you are:
• You have a bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
• You have at least three years of relevant digital experience.
• You are a strong writer and editor.
• You have good judgment as to what works to drive audience and engagement.
• You have a passion for all things Virgin River, Ben & Erin, and Blue Bloods!
• You have understanding of SEO, analytics, and social media platforms, and have experience tracking real-time and long-term analytics.
• You are curious, willing to roll up your sleeves, and keep pace with the constantly evolving digital landscape.
• You are a self-starter and a team player who can keep up in a fast-paced environment.
• You have strong time management, communication, and interpersonal skills, and-above all-are fun(!) with a positive and professional attitude.
Hearst Magazines isone of the largest publishers in the world, with more than25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.